Saturday, February 12, 2011

Memories on my rear-view mirror...

O! That feeling of warmth and that sound of mirth… I still miss them; I still crave them though it’s been long…
A look at my rear view mirror and I still see them, I see those hands waving, the smiles biding me farewell… I can feel the beating of the hearts, the moist eyes asking me if I could stay a little longer… but I couldn’t have stayed back. How could I? I could see my dreams turning into reality… my future shining so bright… a whole new world a whole new experience, waiting just for me to come and take its hand… I had to go.
Today see where I’ve reached. My family, my mom and dad, my friends back there… all are so proud of me, proud of what I have achieved. Today am at the peak of success…a huge place to live in, a number of wheels to drive in, I can buy everything my heart feels like. There are so many people all around me, wanting to serve me with all their might. They agree to whatever I say, I lead and they follow wherever I go. I can buy anything that my heart feels like...
But every morning as I wake up, why do I feel so cold? Everyday why do I ask myself - where have I reached? Am I lost? When will I go home? I try to look back but I cannot find the road I came along... I was too blind when I was leaving my home. If I could only buy back my happiness, the warmth of my home, my friends who would still die to put a smile on my face...If only I could buy what my heart really wishes for... I would have been proud of what I have achieved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment